The Classic P90
Single or Set of 2 Pickups
Perhaps lazily described as our ‘straight down the line’ Classic P90 pickup, this pickup is designed to be pretty much the stock pickup that would have left the Parson’s Street Factory in the late fifties and early sixties. With its unfussy design it suits a multitude of tones from Epi Casino Classic Rock warmth to rockabilly and hard riffing. In our Les Paul Junior we find it to be very responsive to volume changes – one minute we’re ‘Sleepwalking’, the next we’re ‘Day Trippin’ and before long we find ourselves (ahem) ‘Rocking the Casbah’. What we’re trying to say is that this set is versatile and we love it! Warmth, snarl and clarity are all here for the player to coax out of his amp with these classic P90 pickups. Click on the ‘Watch/Listen’ Tab to see the legendary Andy Martin putting the set through its paces in his Custom British Racing Green Grayling from Gray Guitars.
- Soapbar or Dogear Fitting (Please Specify).
- Alnico IV Bar Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Plain Enamel Wire.
- Vintage Spec Output, Overwound Bridge: 7.5k (N), 8.1k (B).
- Black Covers.
- Unpotted to retain full expression and dynamics (wax potting available on request).
- Magnet degaussing to reproduce light ageing available on request.
Listen to The Classic P90 Pickup Set