The RadioTron Classic Filtertron
Single Pickup or Set of 2 Pickups
An absolute legend in twang history, the classic ‘Filtertron’ design sounds the way it does because of its combination of an oversized magnet combined with an underwound coil compliment compared with other designs. The result? Smoothness all the way in the neck and that lovely twangy, string separation in the bridge. A myriad of classic tones can be nailed with our RadioTron pickups set. The first RadioTron was made for the fantastic Justin Sandercoe for his custom guitar from Gray Guitars of London but the recipe was actually honed over years of rewinding Filtertrons sent in by customers for a better tone. Check out the video below to hear Justin putting a neck RadioTron through its paces.
- Alnico V Bar Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Plain Enamel Wire.
- Vintage Spec Output: 4.3k (N), 4.7k (B).
- Vintage Braided Wire.
- Premium German Silver and Nickel Pickup Covers.
- Unpotted to retain full expression and dynamics (wax potting available on request).
- Magnet degaussing to reproduce light ageing available on request.
Listen to ‘The RadioTron Classic’ Filtertron Pickup