Single Pickup or Set of 2 Pickups
By popular demand and a regular custom order here at the Radioshop workshop, we now offer our best selling ID:Telecaster Pickups set in Alnico III, 50s flavour for those of you looking to do a faithful ’50s maple ‘board project. As above, our ID:Tele 50s set features our unique-to-Radioshop ‘ID’ (Increased Dynamics) Innovation giving a staggering improvement in dynamics, clarity and presence when compared with other Telecaster pickups thanks to their unpotted inner core of copper winds. Twang is on offer in spades here from the bridge pickup which is orderable with a flat stagger for an early 50s flavour or with a raised D and G for more of a late 50s vibe. The difference in tone? A slight boost to the mid response with the raised pole pieces version. An absolutely classic sounding set with serious Tele bite from the bridge and that hallowed warm jazzy tone from the neck pickup – check out the lovely playing of Dafydd Saer under the ‘Watch’ tab to the right to hear the tones on offer from this pickups set.
- Alnico III Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Plain Enamel Wire (Bridge) and 43 AWG (Neck).
- Vintage Spec Output: 6.7k (N), 7.2k (B).
- Choice of neck pickup cover – nickel, chrome, gold.
- Chocie of stagger in bridge pickup position – flat or raised D and G.
- Bridge wrapped with period correct black string.
- Black Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Unique Radioshop ‘ID’ wax potting procedure to reduce Microphonic Feedback whilst boosting clarity and dynamics.
- See our ‘ID’ Explained section for more info.
Watch & Listen to the ID:Telecaster 50s Pickups Set