Single Pickup or Set of 3 Pickups
Our new ‘evolutionary’ take on the classic Strat pickup design. Delivering ‘vintage humbucker’ output and drive courtesy of the subtly enlarged magnets and increased winds, the ID:Evolution Strat set gives all of that much loved bell-like Strat tone with none of the tone darkening of other ‘hot’ pickups.
- Subtly increased diameter and height Alnico V Magnets appear the same as regular Strat polepieces from above and fit into standard 52mm spaced pickup covers
- Increased copper winds boost output to a more ‘vintage humbucker’ style 7.2k Neck and Middle and 7.8k Bridge with none of the usual darkening of tone thanks to the increased magnetic response of the pickup
- Wound with 42 AWG Black Plain Enamel wire, giving that classic late ’60s and ’70s Hard Rock vibe yet with tons of clarity for clean work too
- The ID:Evolution features our unique ‘ID’ (Increased Dynamics) wax potting reduction innovation giving increased playing dynamics and boosted clarity from your Strat’s tone
- No more annoying volume jumps when changing from a humbucking to single coil equipped guitar on stage!
- Features our unique ‘Tele-fit’ baseplate giving increased grit, growl and bass response in the bridge position
- Hand Bevelled, Vintage Staggered 5.25mm Diameter Alnico 5 Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Black Plain Enamel Wire.
- Output: 7.2k (N), 7.2k (M), 7.8k (B).
- Vintage Cloth Hook-up wire.
- Black Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Unique Radioshop ‘ID’ wax potting procedure to reduce Microphonic Feedback whilst boosting clarity and dynamics. (Also available fully wax potted for super high gain applications upon request)
- Radioshop ‘Tele-fit’ Strat Bridge Baseplate.
- Pickups supplied with Covers, Screws and Spacers – see our colour options here.
- See our ‘ID’ Explained section for more info.
Watch & Listen to the ID:Evolution Stratocaster Pickup
Delivery By default all of our pickups are shipped with Royal Mail who we find to be excellent both within the UK and Internationally. Their rates enable us to offer prices that are very reasonable for our customers and the timeframe is great for the vast majority of countries. We find that, once despatched, Royal Mail tend to take 1 working day within the UK, 2/3 working days within the EU, 4/5 working days to North America and Worldwide. These are guidelines and of course some countries differ and the level of ‘officiousness’ in customs departments differs massively worldwide. If ordering from a country which is notorious for taking a while to process imported goods (we can think of a few!) please build this into your expectation on the timeframe after despatch. How long will it take to make? As a small pickup maker handmaking within an extremely busy workshop we expect to complete all pickups sets within 16-20 working days (Relic’ed orders 5 days longer). We sometimes work quicker than those timeframes and we’ll always endeavour to finish your pickups as quick as we are able to of course. We can sometimes process a rush order if you have an upcoming, important concert or perhaps if you are buying for a relative’s birthday etc - feel free to message and we’ll always see what we can do.