‘The Black One’
From our ‘Inspired by’ Stratocaster Pickup Series
Single Pickup or Set of 3 Pickups
Our ‘Black One’ pickups set started out as a request from a long time Radioshop customer to nail that stunning JM tone exactly. In developing the set we were very fortunate in being able to piece together the details from a combination of sources, gaining access to readings from limited edition signature guitars, gleaning nuggets of info from those on the inside and scientifically analysing photos to get things spot on. We feel we’ve got every detail just right. You guys seem to agree too – our ‘Black One’ Strat set is now easily our most requested pickups set. This set is closest to our Vintage ’63s tone wise, featuring Heavy Formvar wire to nail that sweet, mellow yet expressive tone JM is famous for and features a custom stagger and output to enhance nuanced playing. With a warm, round bottom end, a prominent mid response and delicate highs, the Black One set is the perfect set to enjoy long sessions of playing.
- Hand Bevelled, Vintage Staggered Alnico 5 Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Heavy Formvar Wire.
- Outputs: 6.2k (N), 6.0k (M), 5.8k (B).
- Vintage Cloth Hook-up wire.
- Black Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Pickups Wax Potted to reduce Microphonic Feedback.
- Custom stagger with lowered G,B and E pole pieces in neck position to match original.
- Pickups supplied with Covers, Screws and Spacers – see our colour options here.
Watch & Listen to ‘The Black One’ Stratocaster Set
Sorry, video coming very soon.