Single Pickup or Set of 3 Pickups
A very exciting new set here at the workshop, the ID:63GT Strat set is the ultimate representation of the Radioshop Philosophy of respecting the classics whilst offering subtle innovations and refinements. We feel we’ve made a set which is our statement in pickup making – vintage inspired tones yet with an even further level of attention to detail to squeeze even more from this classic design. We’re especially excited because this set offers 4 innovations that no other pickup maker is offering:
- Each polepiece is the same size using our unique ‘Stagger Through’ approach giving even string to string response
- Orderable in a choice of 3 custom radius staggers to suit your fingerboard exactly or in ‘Vintage Adjusted’ stagger to retain a more traditional aesthetic (see pictures)
- Features our ‘ID’ reduced wax potting technique to boost clarity and touch responsiveness
- New slotted ‘Tele-fit’ baseplate for Tele like oomph from the bridge pickup
The ID:63GT set delivers classic Strat tones from its 60s spec Heavy Formvar wire and Alnico V magnet compliment, has superb balance and also plenty of gas in the tank for those overdriven moments thanks to its subtly boosted output. Tonally think ID:Chris Buck but in ‘Vintage Hot’ flavour and you’re not far off! A lot of fun to play – a set we just can’t stop playing at the moment!
- Hand Bevelled, Vintage Staggered Alnico 5 Magnets – each pole piece the same height for even string to string response.
- Choice of Custom stagger to suit your fingerboard exactly – Vintage Adjusted, 7.25″, 9.5″ or 12″ Radius.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Heavy Formvar Wire.
- Vintage Spec Output: 6.2k (N), 6.2k (M), 6.7k (B).
- Vintage Cloth Hook-up wire.
- Black Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Unique Radioshop ‘ID’ wax potting procedure to reduce Microphonic Feedback whilst boosting clarity and dynamics..
- New Radioshop slotted ‘Tele-fit’ Strat Bridge Baseplate.
- Pickups supplied with Covers, Screws and Spacers – see our colour options here.
- See our ‘ID’ Explained section for more info.
Watch & Listen to the ID:63 Stratocaster Pickup
By default all of our pickups are shipped with Royal Mail who we find to be excellent both within the UK and Internationally. Their rates enable us to offer prices that are very reasonable for our customers and the timeframe is great for the vast majority of countries. We find that, once despatched, Royal Mail tend to take 1 working day within the UK, 2/3 working days within the EU, 4/5 working days to North America and Worldwide. These are guidelines and of course some countries differ and the level of ‘officiousness’ in customs departments differs massively worldwide. If ordering from a country which is notorious for taking a while to process imported goods (we can think of a few!) please build this into your expectation on the timeframe after despatch.
How long will it take to make?
As a small pickup maker handmaking within an extremely busy workshop we expect to complete all pickups sets within 16-20 working days (Relic’ed orders 5 days longer). We sometimes work quicker than those timeframes and we’ll always endeavour to finish your pickups as quick as we are able to of course. We can sometimes process a rush order if you have an upcoming, important concert or perhaps if you are buying for a relative’s birthday etc - feel free to message and we’ll always see what we can do.